The Ambassador Theatre Group strives for excellence as the managing company for the historic Emerson Colonial Theatre in Boston. In this tradition, we seek enthusiastic & dedicated employees who possess a passion for customer service and quality live entertainment. The Ambassador Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assistant Box Office Manager
HOURS: Full Time with a comprehensive benefits package
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Emerson Colonial Theatre, 106 Boylston Street, Boston MA
REPORTING TO: Box Office Manager, General Manager
The Emerson Colonial Theatre in Boston is searching for an Assistant Box Office Manager to join the venue management team and assist in box office operations. The Assistant Box Office Manger will report to the Emerson Colonial Theatre’s Box Office Manager, and will assist in managing a team of ticket sellers.
This individual will be responsible for the following:
• Effectively manage day-to-day operations of the Box Office.
• Create and manage ticketed events in a computerized environment.
• Interact positively and communicate effectively externally with venue guests, ticketing providers, artist, record labels, fan clubs, and tour managers as needed
• Maintain the highest level of guest service, managing and resolving in person and over the phone customer service issues, in a timely and professional manner
• Personnel hiring, evaluation, training coordination, discipline, scheduling, payroll, and supervision.
• Perform additional duties as directed by Box Office Manager, General Manager and Corporate office
• Previous Box Office experience.
• Skill and working knowledge of computerized ticketing operations and software (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Ability to multi-task daily, be organized, and detail oriented
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Knowledge of the Audience View and Ticketmaster host systems preferred
• Proficient-typing skills required.
Physical Demands / Work Environment / Hours:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential work functions.
• Job functions require hours of sitting, typing, and use of a computer.
• Workplace can have moderate to high stress levels.
• May be required to lift or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds using proper lifting techniques.
• Non-typical office hours will be customary including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Please send your resume to ColonialJobs@theambassadors.com.