The Ambassador Theatre Group strives for excellence as the managing company for the historic Emerson Colonial Theatre in Boston. In this tradition, we seek enthusiastic & dedicated employees who possess a passion for customer service and quality live entertainment. The Ambassador Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Head Electrician
Reporting to: Production Manager
Location: Emerson Colonial Theatre - Boston, MA
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Head Electrician will help supervise all aspects of Stage Electrics at the Emerson Colonial Theatre and will serve as a member of the House Crew.
Must be able to work scheduled events which may include nights, weekends, and holidays (as needed).
The Head Electrician must be able to:
• Perform primary job functions of a Stage/Production Electrician
• Lift and move a minimum of 50lbs
• Stand continuously throughout a 3-5 hour period
• Operate hand tools, climb ladders, work at varying heights and perform other physical tasks typical of a Head Electrician
• Assist in enforcing safety standards and procedures, as set out by the Production Manager.
• Assist the House Steward in making sure the full complement of employees, as required by the needs of the attraction, reports to work for each call on time and ready to begin work.
• Assist the Production Manager in managing and maintaining all House Lighting Equipment.
• Submit accurate, detailed, and timely payroll reports using Microsoft Excel and other software as may be required and provided.
• Be present at the Theatre for the entire duration of each call of each production or event, in which the Head Electrician is assigned, except for reasonable absences approved in advance by the Production Manager.
• Provide timely and thorough responses to production inquires, questions and requests.
• Perform all other duties customarily performed by Production Department Heads, or as directed by the Production Manager
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of 6-8 years related professional stage experience.
• Detailed knowledge of Entertainment lighting practices and technology, including conventional fixtures, intelligent fixtures, LED fixtures, and current lighting control consoles and networking. Some experience or background with Entertainment Lighting Design principles and application preferred.
• Experience in advancing show requirements, show prep, and managing the hang, focus, and operating of lighting for an event or stage attraction.
• Working knowledge of Moving Light Programming, ETC EOS Training Preferred, but not required.
• ETCP certification preferred, but would support an applicant prepared to obtain certification within the first 6-12 months of employment.
• Solid understanding of safety issues, Osha 10 training preferred.
• Ability to read and understand CAD stage drawings, professional lighting paperwork and specifications required.
• Ability to comfortably work well within a team environment.
• Ability to manage others, within the Stage Electrics department.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact effectively with renters and guests, particularly recognizing the multiple types of use for the Theatre (including, but not limited to; Not-For-Profit productions, Commercial Productions, and Private Events).
• Good organizational skills, both in terms of information and equipment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, as well as specific industry standard programs related to Lighting (including AutoCAD, Vectorworks and Lightwright).
• Basic or working knowledge of basic Video Projections preferred, but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the Head Electrician. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to ColonialJobs@theambassadors.com. Please place "Head Electrician” and your name in the subject line.