The Ambassador Theatre Group strives for excellence as the managing company for the historic Emerson Colonial Theatre in Boston. In this tradition, we seek enthusiastic & dedicated employees who possess a passion for customer service and quality live entertainment. The Ambassador Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reprting To: Customer Experience Director
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Contract term: Part-time
The Emerson Colonial Theatre is the longest continually operating theatre in Boston, MA. In its storied history, The Emerson Colonial Theatre has debuted such seminal Broadway shows as Anything Goes, Porgy and Bess, Oklahoma!, Born Yesterday, Annie Get Your Gun, Follies, A Little Night Music, Grand Hotel, and La Cage aux Follies, among others. Reviving a great theatrical tradition, Boston’s newly restored Emerson Colonial Theatre will officially re-open its doors in 2018 with the pre-Broadway World Premiere of Moulin Rouge! The Musical. As an Ambassador Theatre Group venue, the Colonial is committed to embracing ATG’s vision in becoming the leading live entertainment provider in the world. The Colonial is passionate about creating an engaging and positive environment for both our customers and our employees. An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Guest Services team for energetic and dedicated individuals to work as Ushers.
Ushers work closely with the Customer Experience team to provide excellent customer service to all patrons attending events and assist in event preparation, execution and conclusion, per ATG’s policies and guidelines, while focusing on safety first and foremost.
• Arrive on-time, in appropriate dress for all scheduled shifts. (Must notify Chief Usher at least 24 hours in advance, if you will not be able to work an assigned shift, unless an emergency arises.)
• Assist in program preparation including: stuffing inserts, distributing to aisles and collecting at events’ end.
• Attend pre-event meeting for assignment and event specifics.
• Attend meetings and job trainings as assigned. Provide optimal assistance to patrons in an emergency or evacuation.
• Understand and perform duties of assignment, per established policies and procedures. Ask questions if uncertain of anything.
• Monitor physical surroundings in assigned area prior to and throughout event for safety, cleanliness and functionality; notify the Customer Experience Team members of concerns.
• Respond quickly and courteously to patrons’ needs, questions, comments or concerns with answers and/or action. If the issue cannot be resolved, promptly notify management.
• Provide accurate information to patrons regarding venue logistics (location of ticket office, restrooms, concessions), details about the event and general building history.
• Enjoy working with the public.
• Organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Commitment to identifying critical issues and working to resolve them.
• Ability to work collaboratively, proactively and professionally.
• Understand current customer service, ADA compliance, State laws/rules and regulations.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills, including ability to maintain composure under stress and solve problems quickly and courteously.
• Be able and willing to work any assignment. Assignments may include scanning tickets, handing out programs, escorting patrons to seats and assisting ADA patrons. (Ushers will work at a variety of events.)
• Because of the physical nature of the position, must be able to regularly sit and stand; be able to stand for long periods, sometimes for the duration of an event; push and pull with force; climb and stoop; be able to move quickly up and down stairs and be able to lift heavy boxes, bags and other containers up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by Ushers. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to ColonialJobs@theambassadors.com. Please place ‘Usher” and your name in the subject line. Interviews will take place the week of June 4, 2018.